Most of us have heard of oxygen treatments for the skin, but many of us don’t know their purpose. How does oxygen affect the skin?
- Oxygen kills anaerobes, this germicidal quality makes it excellent for the treatment of acne.
- Through oxidation, oxygen breaks the bonds that hold cells together, aiding in exfoliation.
- Bleaching through oxidation, lightens and brightens the skin.
- Oxygen has vaso-constricting properties which make it useful for the treatment of Rosacea and Telangiectasia.
- Increased skin function allows the formation of new blood vessels which are able to deliver nutrients into the skin.
- Oxygen stimulates fibroblasts to produce more collagen in the dermis.
- The presence of oxygen makes the skin firmer.
All of these properties of oxygen make the addition of regular oxygen treatments into your skincare regimen a definite plus. Unlike peels, oxygen treatments can be done frequently, even weekly to great benefit. Immediately after a treatment, the skin will glow and look totally refreshed. Any redness will be calmed and an overall appearance of radiance will exist, making this the perfect treatment for special weekends or events for which you want to look your very best.
Coming Soon for a Limited Time to Clary Sage College: Circadia Oxygen Treatments. Details coming soon! Call 918.298.8200 for questions.